The Salt Lake City Public Library, 7:00 PM Monday, March 18, 2013 in Salt Lake City, UT
(Hosted with The King’s English)
- TERMINAL Tour! – March 3-7, 2015
- YALLFEST – Charleston, SC
- North Texas Teen Book Festival – Irving, TX
- RT Booklovers Convention – Dallas, TX
- YALLWEST – Santa Monica, CA
- Bookmarks Teen Panel – Winston-Salem, NC
- Virals/Legion Throwdown – Concord, NC
- Virals Signing – Charlotte, NC
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors – Winston-Salem, NC
- Asheboro, NC – Asheboro Library
News & Media
- Cool VIRALS series trailer
- Cool interview with Adventures in YA Publishing
- Awesome write-up about the North Texas Teen Book Festival
- Camel City Dispatch covers my upcoming Bookmarks YA event
- Coolest Thing Ever – Top 10 Writing Duos
- Great Blog Write-Up
- Killer review of the Virals series by Books in Bloom!
- Brendan Reichs: Confessions of a Dynamic YA Author
- Wonderful article on the Virals series by The Children’s Book Review
- Missed my killer Comic-Con panel? Here’s a great write-up!
- Taylor V asks: Will the Virals e-shorts ever be sold in stores as an actual book I can purchase? I’m really hoping so. I’ve wanted to read them forever and I’m praying that Spike will give me answers to the epilogue of Terminal.
- Jack asks: 1. Are you writing Nemesis with your mom? 2. Will Nemesis be a full series, longer or shorter then Virals, or just one book? 3. Will you write a combined Nemesis-Virals short story like Rick Riordan did for PJO and Kane Cronicles? 4. Do you read Virals wattpad or fanfiction stories? 5. Are you going to tour to New Zealand or anywhere near at all?
- Laura asks: Hello! I’m absolutely devastated that the series is ending, but I can’t wait to read your next series. I was just wondering, do you have a fanmail address for snail mail, and if you do, would you read a letter sent that way? Or is there another way to send a message longer than a question to you?
- Melody asks: Hello, I am a HUGE fan of the Viral series. I got the last book (Terminal) as soon as it was here. I read lots of books but, I never loved a book series untill today. I am sad that this is the last book of the series. I really want to find out more. I know. Wishful thinking but, I really like this book series so if it would not bother you much, vould you give some suggestions for these kinds of books. Thank you very much for your time.
- Mollie asks: Are the places you mentioned in Terminal real places/ based off places? (I live in Greenwood and you mentioned it in the book!)
- Shelby Erickson asks: I just finished Terminal and it was by far the best book in the series. Finally, all my questions were answered and left me some new ones; so brilliant writing on your part. I did some research afterward and discovered Spike is going to be released and I could not be more excited. Since these books are written in a way that the reader can easily visualize, laugh along with the character and even be with the character, I’m wondering if it is hard to say goodbye to Virals- at least, the main stories. Also, one of my favorite parts in any book, is when the title finally makes sense. In Terminal, that moment was so glorious I could hardly stand it. Finally, the way figurative language was so detailed and incorporated enhanced the story beyond compare. This is by far my favorite series, thank you for quitting being a lawyer and giving writing a try! :)
- Isabel asks: Hi Brendan, I realized I *literally* (like the previous message in your inbox will probably be mine, not just over/incorrectly using that word like I usually do) but I was too excited about finding out about Spike to even sorta be able to focus on anything else (that information hit me like a freight train, but in a good way). But are you able to tell us what nemesis will be about yet? Or like when it will be released in 2016 (like winter, spring, etc)?
- Isabel asks: Hi Brendan, First I just wanted to say that TERMINAL WAS AMAZING!! I finished it a couple hours ago and I have still no recovered. The amount of plot twists that made me gasp and even tear up at a few point were just so well done, and overall, the whole book was just fabulous. I was dying at the end of Terminal because of a plot twist at the very, very end but THANK GOD FOR SPIKE THAT IS COMING OUT BECAUSE I WOULD NOT HAVE SURVIVED IF THAT WAS THE END OF THE VIRALS SERIES. I mean, it was a fabulous ending and it tied up loose ends with leaving room for you to come back to it. But I do have to admit, when I just saw that there is another e-short coming out, I may or may not have had a huge spaz attack in my bedroom. I don’t actually have a question but I just wanted to tell you how much I loved Terminal (also like props to you for handling the romance parts of it excellently, there were points in the book where I just had to put it down and reflect for a moment (especially during the romance moments, they were so incredibly cute). Well, thats it. I am counting down the days until Spike comes out (and for nemesis – especially if the characters are as amazing as in Virals). Planning on rereading Terminal this weekend too when my hardcover comes. but the point of this very long message is just THANK YOU FOR WRITING ANOTHER AMAZING BOOK!
- LITERALLY EVERYONE asks: What was up with that ending sentence in Terminal! It kinda killed me :P Does this mean there will be more viral books?
- Jean asks: Is “Terminal” really this last Virals book? Please say NO !!!