The Salt Lake City Public Library, 7:00 PM Monday, March 18, 2013 in Salt Lake City, UT
(Hosted with The King’s English)
- Tuscon, AZ – Festival of Books
- Omaha, NE – The Bookworm
- Minneapolis, MN – Wild Rumpus Books
- Milwaukee, WI – Shorewood Public Library
- Grand Rapids, MI – Schuler Books
- Lansing, MI – Schuler Books & Music
- Dayton, OH – Books & Co at The Greene
- Crestview Hills, KY – Joseph-Beth
- Nashville, TN – Parnassus Books
- Asheville, NC – Malaprop’s Bookstore
News & Media
- Veronica Mars fans – check us out next!
- Fun article about the Virals series and the Exposure tour!
- Nice article about the Virals series
- Great Exposure Review at the Examiner
- Virals iBook Special – $1.99 March 4-10th!
- Great CODE Review in The Guardian!
- Great YALLFest Write-Up
- ABC News Spotlight
- Great CODE Review!
- Publisher’s Weekly Interview about CODE
- Sarah asks: hey yo! i just finished exposure. i had a casual stroke. but it’s okay, i’ve recovered. it’s crazy how you already have the title and i don’t even know how much writing done for the next book which set me off pondering, at this point in time do you have a set number of books that you know will be in the series? i’m not sure how this writing confidentiality stuff goes but i just wondered if you could let me know? maybe that’s part of the anticipation, i don’t know. but i also have to let you know that these books are amazing. personally, anytime that Hi opens his mouth i sit there and laugh staring at the book and people think i’m a lunatic. the whole ella, french fry, “they’re hot which you apparantly like-thing” was fantastic. whoever this kid is, i wanna know him. (if he was real, which he clearly isn’t, but still). just thought i should let you know i appreciate your writing and that after finishing your book yesterday i have such bad book hangover. i can’t even function. well, i can. but it isn’t without difficulty. but thanks for writing!
- Allison asks: I have a suggestion for the color of the cover for the fifth book Terminal, and I think silver would be a good color for it . If you are already thinking of just black and white, I don’t think silver is that much different, and I think it would represent sort of like the silver lining of all of the bad things that have happened in the series. That silver for the last book could symbolize the great outcome (I assume there is one) that comes along after this adventure that the Virals have been through. It shows that the last and final book gives you all of the good and positive things that came from this virus in the end.
- Michel asks: Hey Brendon, I write something like fanfiction about Virals and I really would like you to read it. But I come from the Czech Republic and I just Czech and I’m not so experienced in English, translated it to you. I just want to say that I already wrote about Kathy and her permission, I used your four characters in my story. But I was wondering if you could tell me where Hi comes from?
- Dani asks: I’ll come right out and admit it: Hiram is probably my favorite Viral-boy. The kid is just awesome. This leads me to ask something I have been curious about; at the end of Seizure he had gotten (as he put it) a bombtrack diamond stud earring. Could we get a peak as to what exactly happened when Ruth saw this?
- Sam asks: Hi Brendan! [SPOILER EDIT] … Since Chance was amazed by their powers already, did he get himself and some other people in the lab infected by not taking care while experimenting?? PLEASEEE give me a hint of what happened or I’ll keep coming up with crazy theories. :)
- Molly asks: In Exposure, I got the impression that Hi had a bit of a crush on Ella. Is there any chance of a relationship there? And will she find out about the powers?
- Taylor C asks: I need to start out by saying I LOVED Exposure! I finally got around to reading it and finished it mere minutes ago. Can’t wait for Terminal! I have no idea what I’ll do when this series is done. I wanted to say thanks for not making me…how can I say this?…thanks for not making me regret accepting Ella as a character, I was scared for Tory’s trust. Maybe you can tell me if Chance is sincere? Thanks for the books!
- Isabella asks: Hi Brendan! First things first, the Virals series is amazing! YOU are amazing (and I don’t use that term lightly, mind you)! So just one quick question, will Terminal be the last Virals book save the short stories? Thanks!
- Anastasia asks: How will you deal with the romance between Ben and Tory in the next book? It seems like Tory is very conflicted on the emotional front and doesn’t know what to do. Will she and Ben end up together?
- Anastasia asks: Do you ever read Virals fanfiction?